For over 20 years The Albrighton Trust has had a successful record of supporting people of all ages with special needs and their carers by providing high standard facilities and offering a range of confidence and esteem building activities.
The Albrighton Trust is excited to introduce a new transition project for disabled and special needs young people aged 15-25. The ‘Me & You’ project is a Lottery funded project for disabled and special needs young people during their transition years.
The project aims to build the skills, confidence and esteem of disabled and special needs young people by providing positive outdoor activities in a ‘green-blue’ environment.
They will be offering a range of horticultural, angling, wildlife and conservation experiences and skills with the opportunity to gain a qualification if desired.
Benefits of the project:
- Enables young people to develop the skills, confidence, esteem, team work, leadership skills and Interpersonal skills.
- Help young people during the transition period of their lives from full time education to adult life by exploring their options.
- Introduces new skills and opening up a variety of outdoor learning opportunities in a ‘green-blue’ environment to increase confidence to a point where young people can make life changing decisions, either to progress their education or explore job or volunteering opportunities.
- To achieve shared goals in a positive environment by giving young people the opportunity to develop personal and practical skills supported by an enthusiastic, experienced and knowledgeable staff team and volunteers.
For further information about the ‘Me & You’ project please contact:
Suki Rathor on 01902 372 441 or email Suki@albrightontrust.org.uk
The Albrighton Trust also offer…
- Training, Resource and Learning Centre;
- Sensory Gardens;
- Conservation and Wildlife programmes;
- Arts, Craft and Music sessions;
- Wheelchair accessible angling facilities;
- Horticultural training and therapy;
- School holiday activities for both disabled and able bodied children to play and work together.
Opening hours are 9am–4pm Monday to Friday and weekends during the summer months.
For further information please visit The Albrighton Trust website: www.albrightontrust.org.uk