The capital funding can be used to develop universal and community based services to make them more accessible or to enhance services already available to disabled children and their families. Capital funding can be used to improve facilities or to purchase equipment. There is a minimum limit of £2,500. It cannot be used to fund staff, training or activities.
We have a maximum of £150,000 to spend before the end of August 2013 and would like to hear from a variety of organisations (service providers, Council services, parent support groups, charities etc…) that have an idea of how they would use this fund to develop their service areas for the benefit of the Short Breaks programme. Ideally, we would like to hear about existing or planned projects, which can sustain themselves beyond this one-off support.
Terms and conditions attached to this funding include;
• Funding will be in the form of a ‘one off’ funding agreement.
• Any ongoing costs such as maintenance and repair etc… will not be covered and will be the applicant’s responsibility.
• Proof of Public Liability Insurance and up to date accounts will need to be produced.
• An end of project report along with evidence of expenditure would be required to describe how the money was spent, what equipment was purchased and when the project was completed.
• In the event that our grant does not get spent in full this money must be repaid to Shropshire Council.
Evaluation of applications:
All applications will be evaluated on the basis of:
• Benefit to the Short Breaks programme
• Value for money
If you would like further information or would like to submit a proposal, please contact Harry Cade on 01743 250225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for completed forms is Friday 31st May 2013.
(The grant conditions are such that this opportunity will expire by 31 August 2013)